Gorove/Slade has provided professional engineering services in conjunction with the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) On-Call assignment. As part of these services, we have been working with the LCPS planning department to fulfill requirements of both the Loudoun County Facility Standards Manual (FSM) and the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Chapter 527 regulations governing the preparation of traffic studies.
Gorove/Slade has successfully implemented and coordinated the following process with LCPS:
- Prepared a feasibility analysis for the proposed site/school location and identified potential traffic issues for internal and external roadway networks,
- Conducted a formal scoping meeting with the County and VDOT staff once the site was been selected,
- Prepared and submitted traffic impact studies for the applications adhering to requirements outlined in the scoping document,
- Addressed comments and issues by the review agencies and gained approval for the traffic impact analysis,
- Based on the traffic analysis results, provided input and guidance regarding transportation proffer commitments to LCPS, and
- Attended County Planning Commission/Board meetings and assisted LCPS with addressing any traffic concerns expressed by the general public or Board members.