Career opportunities with Gorove/Slade
With that said, if you’re reading this you’re probably interested in getting in touch with us about a job. Read through the position descriptions below, and if you’re still interested go further to “What to do.”
At Gorove/Slade, Project Managers are transportation engineers and planners with several (many) years of experience inside of an engineering firm like ours. Project Managers are expected to do the following:
- Interact with clients on matters of project scope, fee, and schedule, and with the firm’s Principals on project strategy and business development.
- Interact with engineers and planners on every facet of client work. Project Managers are the technical leads for our engagements.
- Deliver studies and designs that are technically correct, on-time, and on-budget
- Take responsibility for the professional development of the engineering and planning staff
We don’t hire project management generalists – only experienced traffic engineers and transportation planners, including those ready to make the transition into a management role.
Engineers and planners work as a member of a project team (typically consisting of a Principal, Project Manager, and Planner/Engineer) and draw upon knowledge of and experience with transportation planning and traffic engineering principles to produce memos, reports, studies, drawings, and other work product that meet a client’s needs for an engagement. Our planners and engineers work on the full scope of Gorove/Slade’s client engagements.
- Minimum requirements in addition to post-college work experience are:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience using Synchro and/or Vissim and Vistro
- Experience using some or all of the following software packages: Corsim, Microstation, AutoCAD, Autoturn, GIS, Wintass, and HCS.
We LOVE to hear from engineers and planners with even a small amount of post-college experience who may be looking for new challenges or a better work environment.
Our firm recruits actively at colleges and universities from which we’ve had successful hires in the past. If you’re a recent or soon-to-be graduate of a civil engineering or urban planning program (Bachelor or Masters Degree okay) with an interest in transportation engineering and planning as evidenced by coursework in those areas – go ahead and send us a resume.
Send your resume (in PDF format please) to email@example.com or fill out the form below. In the subject line of the email indicate the position that you’re most qualified for. A cover letter is not necessary, but a summary of your experience and interest in the body of the email would be appreciated.
Gorove/Slade offers a standard package of traditional employee benefits, listed below.
The greatest benefits to working at the company are the opportunities to:
- Contribute to the improvement of the built environment and the places that people work, live, and play.
- Work with a great team of engineers and planners in a professional, supportive environment
- Develop engineering, project management, and client service skills
Employee benefits include:
- Paid time off
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for medical-related expenses
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- Life/Short Term/Long Term Disability insurance
- Coffee, water, soda and frequent snacks