Career opportunities with Gorove/Slade
With that said, if you’re reading this you’re probably interested in getting in touch with us about a job. Read through the position descriptions below, and if you’re still interested go further to “What to do.”
Gorove/Slade Associates, Inc., a Washington, D.C. company, is looking for a Transportation Engineer with:
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering;
- Must have completed two semesters of coursework in roadway capacity analysis, traffic signal systems, and traffic simulation.
Please send resume to Tom Godin, Gorove/Slade Associates, Inc., 1140 Connecticut Ave NW, Suite 600, Washington, D.C. 20036. Refer to Job #PP19 in your cover letter.
Gorove/Slade Associates, Inc. is a transportation engineering and planning firm based in Washington, DC with three additional offices in Northern Virginia. We are seeking an energetic, self-starter to help further the company’s brand identity and foster the company’s strategic plan goals. The Marketing Manager position will report to the firm’s executive leadership. Responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop a company-wide marketing plan that promotes the strategic plan goals
- Develop an annual budget for marketing and professional development
- Develop and maintain all marketing collateral material including resumes, project sheets and completed project photographs/renderings
- Develop and maintain templates for outward facing company materials (reports, emails, business cards etc.)
- Maintain the company’s website content and social media outreach (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Develop responses to RFPs/RFQs/RFIs
- Assemble qualifications packages as requested
- Mine RFP sources and build relationships with firms for teaming opportunities
- Organize company contacts and develop periodic outbound marketing communications
- Monitor industry marketing events and coordinate coverage with Principals and PMs
- Monitor trade and educational events and coordinate attendance with Principals and PMs
- Organize corporate events and client outings that foster teambuilding across the organization, and client relationships
- Work to assist the firm in supporting local philanthropic efforts aligned with the corporate identify and real estate development community
- Work with staff to track professional licensing and staff PDH credits
- Track proposal win rates, track how the work was won, and work with COO to complete performance feedback to Principals
Architecture/engineering design or planning industry experience preferred. Written communication skills must be outstanding, and the successful candidate should have an eye for the design of printed and electronic media. Skill in Microsoft Office – particularly Word – is necessary and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe InDesign would be a huge plus. Flexibility to work in the DC office or one of the Virginia offices, but will need to travel to each office on occasion as project needs dictate.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send an email with resume to Tom Godin at [email protected].
At Gorove/Slade, Project Managers are transportation engineers and planners with several (many) years of experience inside of an engineering firm like ours. Project Managers are expected to do the following:
- Interact with clients on matters of project scope, fee, and schedule, and with the firm’s Principals on project strategy and business development.
- Interact with engineers and planners on every facet of client work. Project Managers are the technical leads for our engagements.
- Deliver studies and designs that are technically correct, on-time, and on-budget
- Take responsibility for the professional development of the engineering and planning staff
We don’t hire project management generalists – only experienced traffic engineers and transportation planners, including those ready to make the transition into a management role.
Engineers and planners work as a member of a project team (typically consisting of a Principal, Project Manager, and Planner/Engineer) and draw upon knowledge of and experience with transportation planning and traffic engineering principles to produce memos, reports, studies, drawings, and other work product that meet a client’s needs for an engagement. Our planners and engineers work on the full scope of Gorove/Slade’s client engagements.
- Minimum requirements in addition to post-college work experience are:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience using Synchro and/or Vissim and Vistro
- Experience using some or all of the following software packages: Corsim, Microstation, AutoCAD, Autoturn, GIS, Wintass, and HCS.
We LOVE to hear from engineers and planners with even a small amount of post-college experience who may be looking for new challenges or a better work environment.
Our firm recruits actively at colleges and universities from which we’ve had successful hires in the past. If you’re a recent or soon-to-be graduate of a civil engineering or urban planning program (Bachelor or Masters Degree okay) with an interest in transportation engineering and planning as evidenced by coursework in those areas – go ahead and send us a resume.
Send your resume (in PDF format please) to [email protected] or fill out the form below. In the subject line of the email indicate the position that you’re most qualified for. A cover letter is not necessary, but a summary of your experience and interest in the body of the email would be appreciated.
Gorove/Slade offers a standard package of traditional employee benefits, listed below.
The greatest benefits to working at the company are the opportunities to:
- Contribute to the improvement of the built environment and the places that people work, live, and play.
- Work with a great team of engineers and planners in a professional, supportive environment
- Develop engineering, project management, and client service skills
Employee benefits include:
- Paid time off
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for medical-related expenses
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- Life/Short Term/Long Term Disability insurance
- Coffee, water, soda and frequent snacks